GENERAL RULES FISHING TOURNAMENT: By entering this tournament and signing this entry form I agree to the following: I have read all the rules. I understand all of the rules. I agree to abide by all the rules. I understand that any infraction of the rules shall be deemed as cause for disqualification from this tournament.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Any person whose annual or retirement income is directly derived from being employed or engaged in the exploration, production and/or servicing oil and gas wells. Spouses or dependents of an eligible participant may fish only with that participant. (Anyone who wishes to fish with their grandchild must get a waiver from the registration committee.) Anyone who is now serving as a licensed guide or has guided without a license for pay on the tournament lake within the past (6) months will not be eligible. Anyone who has entered two (2) or more recognized professional bass fishing circuit tournaments with an entry fee of $1500 per individual in the past twelve (12) months is not eligible. Participants must have a valid Texas or Louisiana fishing license in possession during tournament fishing hours. Eligibility for participating in TOBI is subject to qualification and approval by the TOBI registration committee.
2. SPORTSMANSHIP: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each participant. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be deemed cause for disqualification. Any act of a competitor – verbal or physical, that reflects unfavorably upon this tournament’s effort to promote fishing, conservation, clean waters, courtesy and safety shall be reason for disqualification from this and all future tournaments.
3. SAFETY: All State, Coast Guard, Federal and Parks & Wildlife regulations shall apply at all times. Safe boat conduct must be observed at all times. No boat shall have an engine with higher horsepower rating than the approved Coast Guard maximum. Capacity and rating plate must be on boat. All boats must be equipped with some type of emergency kill switch. Fastened life jackets and kill switches must be worn anytime the boat is moving above idle speed.
4. ALCOHOL AND DRUGS AT NO TIME DURING THE TOURNAMENT HOURS ARE ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR DRUGS OTHER THAN PRESCRIPTION ALLOWED IN THE BOAT OR TO BE CONSUMED. CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS SHALL NOT OCCUR PRIOR TO PRESENTING FISH AT WEIGH-IN LINE OR PRIOR TO TAKING A POLYGRAPH TEST BY YOU OR YOUR PARTNER.
5. POLYGRAPH: All contestants are subject to a polygraph test. Teams notified of the time and location for polygraph must report as required. Failure to report for polygraph will be grounds for disqualification. If you have ever failed to pass a polygraph test in any tournament due to cheating, you are not eligible to fish in this tournament. If you have ever been disqualified from any tournament for cheating, you are not eligible to fish this tournament.
6. TEAMS: There must be two (2) and no more than two (2) registered contestants in the boat at all times. This is an invitational team tournament. All people in the boat must be contestants of the tournament. Any contestant’s action will directly reflect on his teammate. There shall be no use of guides in any manner during tournament hours. (This includes trailing boat not registered in TOBI tournament.)
7. TOURNAMENT HOURS: Fishing hours will begin at 7:00 a.m. each morning. DAY ONE – ODD team numbers must stop fishing at 2:00 p.m. and be in the weigh-in line at Cypress Bend by 3:00 p.m. EVEN team numbers must stop fishing at 3:00 p.m. and be in the weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. DAY TWO – ODD team numbers must stop fishing at 3:00 p.m. and be in the weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m EVEN team numbers must stop fishing at 2:00 p.m. and be in the weigh-in line by 3:00 p.m It is the responsibility of the team to understand and abide by the prescribed weigh-in times as they will be strictly enforced and are grounds for disqualification. Scales do not open until noon. Each team may weigh-in only one time per day.
8. LAUNCH SITE: Each team may trailer and launch from any ramp on the lake OTHER THAN CYPRESS BEND SITE. Contestants may leave launch area at 4:30 a.m. However, no fishing until 7:00 a.m.
9. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: Only artificial lures may be used with the exception of pork type baits, rinds or artificial scents. No live or prepared bait is permitted. Only one (rod) may be used at a time. Other rods may be in the boat ready for use, however, every cast and retrieve must be completed before another cast is made.
10. BOATS: Boats must be fourteen (14) feet or longer. No trolling with main engine is allowed. Identification flagging will be furnished and must be displayed on every boat. Failure to display furnished tournament identification will be grounds for disqualification from this tournament. The boat operator must have available the registration and proof of liability insurance at a minimum of $100,000 to cover you and your partner, if not you will be subject to disqualification. All boats must have an aerated live well. No kayaks, etc.
11. PERMITTED FISHING WATERS: No fishing is allowed within (25) yards of a non-anchored tournament boat without that boats permission. No fishing is allowed within (50) yards of an anchored or tied tournament boat with the trolling motor out of the water, without the anchored boats permission. No fishing within fifty (50) yards of any gas pump. No fishing within (200) yards of weigh-in site. Wade fishing is not permitted.
12. SCORING: Scoring is based on the total weight of a five (5) fish limit per team per day. Only largemouth, smallmouth, and Kentucky spotted bass (black bass) will be weighed in. Length is a minimum of fourteen (14) inches measured on a flat board with the tail compressed. No iced or frozen fish will be weighed. A penalty of .10 of a pound will be assessed for each dead fish. All live fish are to be released. Teams are not allowed to have more than (5) fish in their capture at any time (uponcatching the sixth (6) legal fish, culling MUST be done immediately). Culling of dead fish is not allowed. Fish presented for weighing that are less than (14) inches in length will be disqualified and one (1) pound per undersized fish will be deducted as a penalty. If more than (5) fish are presented for weighing, the team is automatically disqualified for that days’ weight.
13. TIE: In case of a tie for any place, the winnings will be combined and split equally.
14. TRACKING DEVICES: No tracking devices allowed. No CB radio, VHF marine radio, cellular phone, or any other type of communication device for the purposes of locating or catching fish. Use of a GPS is legal, mobile phones may be used for business purposes or GPS only.
15. PROTESTS: All protests must be submitted in writing to a member of the TOBI Board of Directors within thirty (30) minutes after designated weigh-in time. All decisions rendered by the Board of Directors are final.
16. REGISTRATION: Each team must register with the tournament committee between 2:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. at Cypress Bend, the Thursday before the published tournament dates. Tournament is limited to the first 600 qualified teams submitted. After the entry deadline, please check the website at www.tobibass.com for team entry availability.
PRIZE CHECKS NOT CASHED WITHIN 90 DAYS OF DATE OF ISSUE SHALL BE CONSIDERED A DONATION TO TCH.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Shannon Nogradi: P.O. Box 218689 Houston, Texas 77218 Email: email@example.com